1. Plan what scarecrow you are going to build.
2. Choose the location for your scarecrow. It will be quite acceptable, and even recommended, for several scarecrows to be grouped in a good viewing location.
3. Register your scarecrow with a centre or town contact close to where you live. Forms are available from each town.
4. Receive your laminated registration number to display on your scarecrow.
5. You can optionally write a poem, limerick, or some short story that adds to the character of your scarecrow. Just think about what you want people to think about your scarecrow and attach it to your ’crow.
6. Have your scarecrow in place by the October 21 2016 and place your registration number on the scarecrow.
7. If you are able, take up to 3 photos of the scarecrow in its place to show off your unique design and send them to your registration centre. We would suggest you stand back a bit and take one from the best angle to take in the surrounding scene. Then get closer and take one from the front and perhaps the side. The registration number must be visible in one of the photos.